Skip available courses
Course Overview: The Scratch Champions course is an advanced level of Scratch Super Stars (Level-1) course for young learners. It is designed to provide young learners with an advanced understanding of programming concepts and a deeper exploration of the Scratch platform. This course empowers students to uplift their coding skills and unleash their creativity through the creation of more complex and engaging projects. With an emphasis on problem-solving, critical thinking, and collaboration, participants will delve into the world of interactive simulations, animations and game development.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Gain a head start advantage and cultivate a passion for programming, computation, algorithmic thinking and game development to pursue further studies and exploration.
- Building deeper understand of advance features of Scratch programming and its visual programming environment.
- Building deeper knowledge of algorithmic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Design and program complex animations, stories and games.
- Debug their programs effectively.
- Share and showcase their creations to peers and family.
- Gain confidence in their ability to build and design complex projects through coding.
- Be able to write clear and comprehensive description for their projects to share with others.
- Scratch Super Stars (Level-1) course
- Basic computer literacy and familiarity with using a computer, mouse and keyboard.
Materials and Resources:
- Computers or laptops with internet access.
- Zoom application installation for online lectures.
- Scratch project examples and templates.
- Additional online resources and tutorials for self-paced learning.
- Review of Scratch Fundamentals
- Input Handling and Interaction with User
- Events and Triggers
- Sensing Mouse, Keyboard Key Press, Touching Sprites, Colours and Edges
- Exploring Mathematical Operators
- Logical Operators for making Compound Conditions to Build Improved Program Logic.
- Character manipulation through string operations
- List introduction
- Understanding Clones
- Scratch Extensions
- Drawing Techniques Through Pen Extension
- Reusable Code (Functions) through MyBlocks
- Techniques to Create Multilevel Games
- Animation Techniques
- Learning Visual Effects
- Use of Variables as Trackers of Quantities and Features
- Exploring Paint tool and Other websites to Create sprites, costumes and backdrops
- Building Game Mechanics and Player Interaction
- User Interface (UI) Design for Games
- Enhancing User Interaction and game experience through Sound Effects and Music Integration
- Creating Scrolling Effects in Games
- Creating Characters Random-Motion to
- Sound Interactions and Controls
- Video Controls and Sensing
- Debugging and Testing Complex Projects
- Review and Reflection on the Course
- Reflection on Personal Growth and Accomplishments
- Exploring Further Learning Opportunities